Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blog Candy Designs TOS

Payment
By making any payment, partial or full, you are agreeing to my Terms of Service.

Paypal is my only method of payment. You do not have to have a credit card to use paypal; e-checks through Paypal typically take 3-5 days to clear.  All purchases must be made in full before any installation takes place.
Once I have received confirmation that a payment has cleared and been received, your design installation can begin.

Please note that excessive redos, above and beyond the normal tweaking, will be charged an additional hourly rate of $20/hour. You will be notified before you reach that point.


Refunds
Blog Candy Designs does not offer refunds for partial or full payments.


Copyright Information
All designs are copyrighted and property of Blog Candy Designs and may not be copied or altered in anyway, shape, or form.

To ensure the integrity of my designs, if you purchase a Blog Candy design and have it installed, you are agreeing to leave the design “as is” and in its complete state.

After installation, a Blog Candy Designs link button will be placed in one of your sidebars. Blog Candy Designs requires that you keep this button somewhere in your sidebars. You can move it but please don't remove it. Also, there will be a Blog Candy Design credit, at the bottom of the page.

Each Blog Candy Designs project represents my design style and capabilities; altering them in any way takes away from that true representation. If you choose to make any changes, those changes must go through me – I’m happy to work with you to make updates or do a complete blog renovation (charges may apply).

Any other changes, including those made by another designer, are in violation of my terms of service and I will require that you remove all elements of my original work, including the template itself, and my “Blog Designed By” link button. In addition, please notify me so I can make sure my portfolio remains up to date.

If you switch from Blogger to another host, such as Wordpress or Typepad, and you continue to use any part of my original design, including but not limited to the header, custom background, favicon, post signature, and/or blog button, you must continue to give credit to Blog Candy Designs on your new blog. I spend a great deal of time working on the elements of your original design and I ask that you give me the courtesy of giving me credit for that work.


Communication
When I start your design I will be emailing often during the duration of the design process. Often, this requires many quick emails and/or communicating using a chat. The more we can communicate the faster we can get your new design finished and installed. This is also important so I can stay on schedule for current and future clients.


Permissions
Obtaining copyrights and permission for any photos or design elements, outside of a purchased design kit or Istock photo, is the responsibility of the client. Blog Candy Designs is in no way responsible or liable for photos or design elements provided by the client. Please get permission BEFORE you provide them to me.

Designer/photographer information, credits, and/or links will be placed on your blog (generally in the footer) if any design kits, Istock photos, custom fonts, etc. are used in your custom blog design.  Per the commercial use terms given by these photographers and graphic designers, credits for their work MUST stay on your blog.  Removing them violates their terms of usage and is illegal in most cases.



Compatibility
With so many browsers out there, I ask that you make sure you update your browser to the most current version offered. The most current version of Firefox works best with Blogger blogs and is the browser I use to build your design.


The Process
To secure a place in my design schedule, you must complete and return a design questionnaire. When I receive it, I will notify you of your place in the design queue.

Once your start date arrives you can expect the entire process from start to install to be no longer than two weeks. Please keep in mind this varies, and will be expedited by checking your email frequently and promptly returning my emails. As mentioned above, a blog makeover is often a rapid-fire of email communications. Please check your email often during the process and reply in a timely manner as I have a schedule of clients waiting in the wings.

Remember: installation cannot begin until payment has been made in full. Once started, installation typically takes only a few hours. Any excessive redos, above and beyond the normal tweaking, will be charged an additional hourly rate of $20/hour. You will be notified before you reach that point.



Blog Candy Designs is a family-friendly, one-mom business and I often work near and around my children. If I cannot open your blog in their presence, I reserve the right to decline your business. Blog Candy Designs will not be part of makeovers if the content is vulgar or offensive.